I got an introduction to and basic working knowledge of XML using the W3C tutorial website: http://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp
I found this tutorial to be intuitively designed and easy to follow. Since I am a novice to XML (I've only used it once before for a school assignment back in 2006), I only went through the first 12 lessons under "Basic." My XML assignment was challenging to construct. I had to trouble-shoot many aspects of the XML coding, especially when I tried to go beyond the simple tutorial exercise examples and integrate the XML principles with the HTML code tags for link and images. I kept getting errors saying my XML code was not "well formed" because of "lack of necessary spacing" in my links to the images, but I eventually through trial and error made it display using a web-browser syntax-error free.
My demo system is running well. I was able to follow the instructions for this unit to set up a basic Apache server with no problems. The steps were straight-forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment