Unit 5 posed no significant problems. I was slightly confused after using the less /etc/group command...I fumbled around trying to get out of the screen before figuring out the "q" stroke. Another thing that I'm slightly confused about is assignment 5. I had no problem following the explicit instructions, but the new user and new user group I created using Ubuntu desktop VM did not transfer over to the Ubuntu workstation VM. Was it supposed to?
Assignment 6 was alittle confusing at the beginning. I typed the "https://localhost:10000" command and everything worked and I completed the assignment. I don't know what all the notes in the brackets were about though....I noticed that some of the information showed up on the quiz as well. I guess it was just a FYI, because the didn't use my primary machine to use Webin.
Overall, things are still going well. I feel like I'm absorbing the material pretty well and things are making more sense. Not much readings this week. Everything was pretty straightforward.
Finally, I'm glad that I finally seem to have got Ubuntu desktop VM resolved. I had some issues with the Live CD earlier, but my VM machine is working great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
re: I had no problem following the explicit instructions, but the new user and new user group I created using Ubuntu desktop VM did not transfer over to the Ubuntu workstation VM. Was it supposed to? <<
No, think of them as completely separate computers, as if they were physical boxes sitting under your desk.
Post a Comment